Project Evil APs

From: Doug Rabson <dfr_at_nlsystems.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 22:37:33 +0100
Is 'mediaopt hostap' supposed to with the Project Evil ndis driver? I
just acquired a Linksys WMP54G card which appears to use the Broadcom
43xx chipset. I was originally intending to build a home-made access
point out of the thing but I can't set the hostap mode.

Project Evil likes this thing just fine with the drivers that came in
the box and happily sends and receives packets in adhoc mode. When I
try something like 'ifconfig ndis0 mediaopt hostap' I just get a
'Device not configured' error:

# ifconfig ndis0 mediaopt hostap
ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA (mediaopt): Device not configured

Any ideas? Should I be doing something other than 'mediaopt hostap' to
make it an AP? I've attached my dmesg and driver inf files in case
anyone wants them. I'll send the driver sys file on request - I tried
attaching it and the mailing list server blackholed it.