Re: Project Evil APs

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 10:02:07 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <200405292237.33361.dfr_at_nlsystems.com>
            Doug Rabson <dfr_at_nlsystems.com> writes:
: Is 'mediaopt hostap' supposed to with the Project Evil ndis driver? I
: just acquired a Linksys WMP54G card which appears to use the Broadcom
: 43xx chipset. I was originally intending to build a home-made access
: point out of the thing but I can't set the hostap mode.
:
: Project Evil likes this thing just fine with the drivers that came in
: the box and happily sends and receives packets in adhoc mode. When I
: try something like 'ifconfig ndis0 mediaopt hostap' I just get a
: 'Device not configured' error:
:
: # ifconfig ndis0 mediaopt hostap
: ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA (mediaopt): Device not configured
:
: Any ideas? Should I be doing something other than 'mediaopt hostap' to
: make it an AP? I've attached my dmesg and driver inf files in case
: anyone wants them. I'll send the driver sys file on request - I tried
: attaching it and the mailing list server blackholed it.

I've found that I have to set the ssid and the meida type to get
mediaopt to work.

Warner