Re: -RC2 needs BootMngr to control certail partition layout

From: Ryan Sommers <ryans_at_gamersimpact.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:45:39 -0700 (MST)
Emanuel Strobl said:
> This is a known bug in sysinstall, you're creating two slices with id 165
> (FreeBSD) and sysinstall wrongly sets both active.
> See http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=72895
>
> Just use fdisk -u from the command line and if it asks you weather you
> want to
> change the active partition, say yes and type 1, then write the new table.

As stated this is a known issue with sysinstall (one of many...) I'm
currently working on a fix unfortunately real life has gotten in the way
and I haven't had time to make the changes and test yet.

As stated the workaround while installing is to move over to the holoshell
on VT4 and update the partition table to mark only the correct slice as
active. Note, you'll have to do this after the base distribution has been
extracted.

--
Ryan Sommers
ryans_at_gamersimpact.com