Re: 5.3: how to make /dev/acd0 world readable?

From: Ryan Sommers <ryans_at_gamersimpact.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:40:24 -0700 (MST)
Michael Nottebrock said:
> Or you could add your user account to group operator.

I think this is a very bad suggestion. He didn't say "my user" he said
"world readable." While we're in the Bad Suggestion Dept. why not just
tell him to set all his binaries that need acces to the device suid root?

The operator group isn't intended to be a group-that-can-read-CDs. There
is a reason DevFS has rulesets, and this is one of them.

--
Ryan Sommers
ryans_at_gamersimpact.com