Re: 5.3: how to make /dev/acd0 world readable?

From: Ryan Sommers <ryans_at_gamersimpact.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 09:57:35 -0700 (MST)
Michael Nottebrock said:
> The operator group is a very convenient solution for many
> permission-problems
> on a very common case of FreeBSD usage: A private desktop system with
> exactly
> one real user account + root. I don't believe it's too far-fetched a guess
> that such a system is what we're talking about when the OP talks about
> playing audio-cds.

Since he said world readable specifically I'd venture a guess that this
isn't a private desktop system. Especially since I know the party has been
working on setting up diskless systems on 5.x. Either way, I stand by my
opinion that this is better suited by using a devfs rule than the blanket
add-the-user-to-operator.

--
Ryan Sommers
ryans_at_gamersimpact.com