Re: FreeBSD 5.3-RC2 Available

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:28:27 -0400
At 11:54 PM -0500 11/1/04, Ken Smith wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 01, 2004, Emanuel Strobl wrote:
>  >
>  > Sorry for wasting your time, but why is there such a big difference
>  > between -stable and RC2?
>
>Don't apologize - no problem.
>
>I just did a cvs diff to make sure, and I'm not seeing any unexpected
>differences between RELENG_5 and RELENG_5_3.  The diff will show you
>a bunch of files, many along the lines of what you mention, but the
>only differences that it shows you are in the CVS version number
>strings.  The rest of the contents of the files are identical.

It is much easier to 'diff' two branches if you check both of them out
using '-kk', and then compare those two directories.  That way you won't
be distracted by hundreds of CVS-version-numbers mismatches.  (With -kk,
all files will be checked out without expanding any version numbers).

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad_at_gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad_at_freebsd.org