Can't boot 5.3-RELEASE installation CD

From: Mike Jakubik <mikej_at_rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 20:03:21 -0500 (EST)
Hello,

I'm trying to install 5.3-R on a Tyan Tomcat i875 S5102 MB, with an
onboard Promise Fasttrack 378 (PDC20378) SATA RAID controller, latest
BIOS. However soon after the CD starts to boot the machine reboots.

---
Boot from CD: CD Loader 1.2
Looking up /BOOT/LOADER... Found
:)
---

Computer reboots at this point. The CD seems to boot fine if i disable the
onboard RAID controller, however i need to install on it. I've tried
toggling the different SATA modes, as well as disabling the other SATA
controller, but nothing helps. I told my client that FreeBSD will run on
this system as the PDC20378 is listed as supported in the hardware notes,
and now im stuck. Whats going on here?

Thanks.