Re: 5.3-R: /etc/ntp.conf doesn't exist

From: Brad Knowles <brad_at_stop.mail-abuse.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 00:38:01 +0100
At 11:44 PM +0100 2004-11-09, Ollivier Robert wrote:

>  I just looked at cvsweb.netbsd.org and it seems to be a well documented file
>  so I have no objection at all.

	Do you mean
<http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/etc/ntp.conf?rev=1.8&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup>?

	Actually, I have some problems with this file.  Putting on my
ntp.org/ntp.isc.org hat, I'd prefer that people recommend something
that more closely follows the recommendations at
<http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/SelectingOffsiteNTPServers> (and
related pages), especially having to do with things like using at
least four or five upstream time servers as opposed to just three.

	If these pages need improvement, you're welcome to join the NTP
TWiki and edit them yourself, or you can give me feedback and I will
incorporate that into the recommendations.

	But we're working hard to try to make sure that everyone in the
NTP community speaks with just one voice.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad_at_stop.mail-abuse.org>

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755