Re: IRQ-Routing for 5.3-BETA

From: Matthias Schuendehuette <msch_at_snafu.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:34:15 +0100
Hello Nate,

Am Dienstag, 9. November 2004 06:25 schrieb Nate Lawson:
> I MFC'd the change to RELENG_5 as well so if you can test there or on
> 6-current, you should fine that the card works as before.  The change
> was to allow the SCI (irq 9 on PIC systems) to always be used for
> devices, even if the ACPI _PRS setting for the device doesn't
> explicitly allow it.

I tried this in the moment but there's no change concerning my
ISDN-Card. The isic(4)-device attaches either to IRQ9 or to IRQ10
(depending on my /boot/device.hints config), so the dmesg seems ok in
either case... but the card *works* only on IRQ9.

There are no other devices on IRQ9 (or IRQ10 resp.), but somehow these
two Interrupt-lines behave differently.

I have no problem with this any more since I found out that the card is
working on IRQ9. I hope this remains for FreeBSD-5 at least... :-)
--
Ciao/BSD - Matthias

Matthias Schuendehuette <msch [at] snafu.de>, Berlin (Germany)
PGP-Key at <pgp.mit.edu> and <wwwkeys.de.pgp.net> ID: 0xDDFB0A5F