Re: refuse file for cvsup being ignored

From: Kent Stewart <kstewart_at_owt.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:26:20 -0800
On Monday 15 November 2004 12:53 am, Jiawei Ye wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 00:40:45 -0800, Kent Stewart <kstewart_at_owt.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday 14 November 2004 11:12 pm, Jiawei Ye wrote:
> > > In -current, the base for cvsup has been changed to /var/db per
> > > share/example/cvsup/ports-supfile. But setting "ports/INDEX*" in
> > > /var/db/sup/refuse does not work as advertised. cvsup still nukes my
> > > INDEX-5 when doing 'make update' in $PORTS_DIR.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > It won't download a new one. It just deletes the old one. It goes along
> > with removing INDEX[-5] from cvs.
> >
> > Kent
>
> Then we really need to update our cvsup man page:
> " The patterns are separated by whitespace, and multiple patterns are
> permitted on each line.  Files and directories matching the patterns
> are neither updated nor deleted; they are simply ignored."
>
> The advertised behaviour is different from what actually happened.

I agree. I don't know the mechanism but when the moved INDEX to attic, things
happen and the delete on our end is one of the symptoms. I think the refuse
just stopped it from downloading a new version but the delete is being
handled differently. It really messed up my backup script because I keep the
last 4 old versions of INDEX[-5] and it was deleting them before I bzip2'ed
them.

Other than being slightly annoying, it didn't matter to me because I always
generate a new INDEX everytime I cvsup ports-all. I have downloaded Seaman's
FreeBSB-Portindex and use it to do a fast generate of INDEX.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA