Re: refuse file for cvsup being ignored

From: Jiawei Ye <leafy7382_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:53:58 +0800
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 00:40:45 -0800, Kent Stewart <kstewart_at_owt.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 14 November 2004 11:12 pm, Jiawei Ye wrote:
> > In -current, the base for cvsup has been changed to /var/db per
> > share/example/cvsup/ports-supfile. But setting "ports/INDEX*" in
> > /var/db/sup/refuse does not work as advertised. cvsup still nukes my
> > INDEX-5 when doing 'make update' in $PORTS_DIR.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> It won't download a new one. It just deletes the old one. It goes along with
> removing INDEX[-5] from cvs.
>
> Kent
Then we really need to update our cvsup man page:
" The patterns are separated by whitespace, and multiple patterns are
permitted on each line.  Files and directories matching the patterns
are neither updated nor deleted; they are simply ignored."

The advertised behaviour is different from what actually happened.

--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
               --inspired by The Tao of Programming