Re: Odd Poewr Saving problems?

From: Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 20:03:24 -0400
On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 09:18:19AM +0930, Adam Smith wrote:
> I have a strange issue with power saving and FreeBSD 5.3.  I've been
> experiencing it through BETA4-6.
>
> I am running X with KDE3.3, and every now and then FreeBSD presents me with
> a black screen (as if it has detected that it is now time to suspend
> display).
>
> Each time it is fixed by just pressing a button or moving my mouse, as per
> a normal power saving function.
>
> Is there any other information I can provide that might shed some light to
> the problem?

I see the same thing running a KDE3.3 desktop and Xorg.  It only happens a
few times, though, soon after I first enter X.  If anyone knows how to
enable any kind of logging for DPMS requests to see if it's an X app
causing it, or to log the DPMS timers to see if it's an X server bug,
I'll try them.

  <> green_at_FreeBSD.org                               \  The Power to Serve! \