Re: 5.3BETA7 - Kernel hangs during boot

From: Ian Langworth <bass_at_ccs.neu.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:06:44 -0400
You seemed to be dead on about the USB keyboard, so I unplugged
both my USB keyboard and mouse.  I whipped out my trusty Dell
QuietKey PS/2 keyboard, tried both the BETA5 and BETA7
installer, tried each installer with safe and verbose, and I'm
still stuck at that same place :(

I've also tried unplugging my hard drives, my floppy drive, and
even disabling the floppy controller board. I've tried using
both of the BIOS's "Optimal" and "Aggressive" settings for the
chipset. I've tried disabling APIC as well. Still, I get stuck
at the same place.

I appreciate the suggestions. Any more thoughts?

--
Ian Langworth
Project Guerrilla