5.3BETA7 - Kernel hangs during boot

From: Joao Barros <joao.barros_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:04:53 +0100
Hi,

I posted a previous mail about this with the same motherboard( you saw
that and sent me an email for details)
I managed to successfully install BETA5 and BETA7(did boot BETA6 but I
didn't install it)
Here's what I've found:
- BETA 4, 5 and BETA6 booted all the way to detecting storage devices
and partitions as it happened to you. Cause: USB Keyboard. As soon as
I exchanged the USB keyboard for a PS/2 one *plim*, booted like a
charm. BETA7 boots ok with USB keyboard but can't really use it
- Disabling APIC allowed the system to boot with the USB keyboard but
again, unusable.
BETA7 after being installed with a PS/2 is usable with a USB keyboard,
the problem is at installation time.
If anyone is willing to debug this problem I am very willing to help.
Biased comment ;)