Re: Noticable Delays Since Beta 3

From: <cpghost_at_cordula.ws>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:02:22 +0200
On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 01:31:40PM +0930, Benjamin Close wrote:
> Hi All,
>    I've been using each Beta Release as they come out and ever since
> Beta 3 I've noticed delays where there never used to be any.
> I believe this may be somehow related to ULE->BSD scheduler change. A
> classic situation of where they now exist is when I switch virtual
> desktops back to another xterm. It takes 4-5 seconds before I can type.
> The machine is virtually 100% idle. Before beta3 this was not a problem
> with almost an instant response.
> Anyone else experiancing the same problems. They still exist in:

I can confirm this here too. The system has become very sluggish
since the SCHED_ULE -> SCHED_4BSD change. I also do experience those
4-5 seconds unresponsivenesses, before the mouse or the keyboard reacts.
The system doesn't wedge or hang, but it's very annoying to use as a
desktop machine now.

Thanks,
cpghost.

--