Re: build/install RELENG_5 from a 4.10 system

From: Michael C. Cambria <mcc_at_fid4.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:13:36 -0400
Doug White wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
>

>>On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 06:57:33PM -0700, Doug White wrote:

[deleted]

> Its not explicitly listed, but the section titled "To cross-install
> current onto a separate partition" can be abused to good effect.

I've tried using this section to address my original question.  I'm on
4.10, cvsup'ed RELENG_5 to /home/mcc/src and buildworld went just fine.
  DESTDIR is set to /home/mcc/release and MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX to
/home/mcc/release.

The next step, make installworld, complains that I don't have a the
required proxy user for PF on my system.  Since the goal (requirement at
this location actually) is to not have to touch anything on the 4.10
machine (except possibly /etc/make.conf since I know of no way to take
one from where I cvsup my source to), I'm probably out of luck.

Besides, the step about doing a native rebuild concerned me.  The native
machines are 486/586 class systems running off CF.  It looks like I need
to wait for the new machine for 5.3 to arrive.

Thanks for the help,
MikeC

--
Michael C. Cambria