Thinkpad T41 Sleep issues

From: Jordan Sissel <psionic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 22:28:26 -0400
I'm having a few issues with sleep mode with my Thinkpad T41.

There are two separate issues here:
1) Waking from sleep while in X and the radeon kernel module is loaded
garbles the screen and locks the machine. If the module is not
available for loading while X starts up, sleeping and waking are both
fine while in X.

2) Waking from sleep with moused running breaks the mouse. moused must
be restarted in order for mouse control to happen.

Hardware involved:
ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility
Synaptics touchpad (Thinkpad UltraNav thingy)

This was from today's -current:
FreeBSD thinktop.rit.edu 6.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT #0: Thu Oct
7 10:48:45 EDT 2004
root_at_thinktop.rit.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NIGHTFALL  i386

I am fully willing to help debug and fix this, I just need to know
what needs done. (assuming this isn't PEBKAC)

-Jordan