Re: Thinkpad T41 Sleep issues

From: Bruce M Simpson <bms_at_spc.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:03:17 -0700
Hello,

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 10:28:26PM -0400, Jordan Sissel wrote:
> 1) Waking from sleep while in X and the radeon kernel module is loaded
> garbles the screen and locks the machine. If the module is not
> available for loading while X starts up, sleeping and waking are both
> fine while in X.

Known issue. DRM has no suspend/resume support at this time. Also,
acpi_video cannot attach at the same time as it claims the same resources
as radeon(4).

I have been thinking of looking at this but I want to wait until anholt_at_ has
some free cycles before attempting it. I'm not familiar with how to save
state for a DRM driver, and I suspect that this depends on the ACPI sleep
state being transitioned in to.

Of course, if we can borrow ideas from Linux or other DRM/DRI platforms, so
much the better.

The question is, are you fully willing to help debug and fix experimental
DRM patches? ;^)

> 2) Waking from sleep with moused running breaks the mouse. moused must
> be restarted in order for mouse control to happen.

I don't use the UltraNav, but I think takawata-san has already answered this.

Regards,
BMS