Re: Thinkpad T41 Sleep issues

From: Jordan Sissel <psionic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 23:46:19 -0400
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:03:17 -0700, Bruce M Simpson <bms_at_spc.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 10:28:26PM -0400, Jordan Sissel wrote:
> > 1) Waking from sleep while in X and the radeon kernel module is loaded
> > garbles the screen and locks the machine. If the module is not
> > available for loading while X starts up, sleeping and waking are both
> > fine while in X.
>
> Known issue. DRM has no suspend/resume support at this time. Also,
> acpi_video cannot attach at the same time as it claims the same resources
> as radeon(4).
>
> I have been thinking of looking at this but I want to wait until anholt_at_ has
> some free cycles before attempting it. I'm not familiar with how to save
> state for a DRM driver, and I suspect that this depends on the ACPI sleep
> state being transitioned in to.
>
> Of course, if we can borrow ideas from Linux or other DRM/DRI platforms, so
> much the better.
>
> The question is, are you fully willing to help debug and fix experimental
> DRM patches? ;^)

Absolutely, I'll help in any way I can. I'm currently content without
drm, however I would like to see it fixed for those who can't stop
playing crack attack (me!). I presently have zero knowlwedge about
kernel modules or drm, but I'm willing to learn and help with
whatever's going on with this.

Let me know what I can do and I'll do what I can :)

-Jordan