Re: beta7 experience

From: Martin Faxer <gmh003532_at_brfmasthugget.se>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 18:10:57 +0200
Christer Solskogen wrote:
> Martin Faxer wrote:
> > To build the snd_emu10k1 sound driver, one needs to add:
> >
> > 	device "snd_emu10k1"
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> No.
> Simply:
>
> device "snd_emu10k1"

Haha... If you'd bothered to read even the part you quoted, you'd have
noticed that I'm well aware of the syntax needed to get it to build.

What I'm complaining about is the fact that the wrong syntax is shown in
the manual page coupled with the fact that NOTES doesn't make any
mention of any of the sound-drivers.

...But I guess you were just another trigger-happy idiot looking to
flame, like so many others. If you're gonna be doing this sort of thing,
please at least make sure you've got a valid point.

"Best regards",
Martin :)