re0 failures at 1Gb vs. 100Mb

From: Sean McNeil <sean_at_mcneil.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 11:30:26 -0700
I have a strange problem that I have with my network that is related to
the output rate of my re0.  Here is my setup:

	amd64/current box with re0
	winxp box with re0
	winxp box with 10/100 nic
	linksys 8 port gigE switch
	linksys 4 port 10/100 switch
	development box with 10/100 nic

I am doing tests with an HD mpeg2 multicast udp stream that is 15Mbps
out to a box I'm helping develop. The stream is being generated by
vlc/vls.  Here are all the configurations that work:

winxp 10/100 into gigE switch into 10/100 switch into devel box
winxp 10/100 into 10/100 switch into devel box
winxp gigE into gigE switch into 10/100 switch into devel box
amd64/current into 10/100 switch into devel box

The following configurations do not work:

amd64/current into gigE switch into 10/100 switch into devel box
amd64/current into gigE switch into devel box

This indicates to me that the re0 cannot pump the data out correctly
when in gigE mode but works fine when at 100BT mode.  This could be an
issue with busrting I suppose, but I honestly do not have any idea what
is happening.  It looks like I have data loss at the devel box.  Missing
packets it would appear.  I thought ifconfig would tell me statistics on
the interface.  How do I get those?

I would like to assist in tracking down this issue and can run any tests
that might be useful.  Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Cheers,
Sean