Re: Geom Vinum backwards compatible?

From: Chris Howells <lists_at_chrishowells.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:10:42 +0100
On Tuesday 12 October 2004 17:02, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
> Just did it on one machine and, yes, it worked.
> That's not a statistically relevant base, though - YMMV ;-)

Worked for me too when upgrading a machine from 4.10 to 5.3-beta7. The only
issue that I possibly saw was that I had to improperly shut down the machine
and when it came back up again, since they are ufs1 parititions, fsck didn't
want to run on them (fsck_ufs worked though), and the kernel decided to panic
because of this... (had to reboot in single user and remove the devices from
fstab) I don't particularly want to improperly shut down the machine again
and possibly corrupt my RAID in order to reproduce this though :)

--
Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris_at_chrishowells.co.uk, howells_at_kde.org
Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP ID: 0x33795A2C