Re: Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Modem on 6.0-current

From: Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:18:38 -0400
On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 11:20:27PM +0800, Harry King wrote:
> I just did a upgrade from 5-current to 6.0-current. Everything seems
> to work well except that the pppoa port installed before cannot
> initialize the speedtouch
> modem. modem_run got the following errors:
> All threads purged from ugen 0.1
> All threads purged from ugen 0.5
>
> I've been using this port without any problems on 4.x as well as 5.x.
> I tried to
> reinstall the port but found that it wasnt updated to 6-current. I somehow
> managed to manually reinstall it but still got the errors above.
> Something i've missed? Any hints? TIA.

Those aren't errors, by the way -- they're just informative messages.
Can you try it with a brand new ugen(4)?  I tried many things but I
was not able to find a satisfactory way to make wpaul's recent changes
to make bulk transfers asynchronous without breaking a lot of hardware.
I have removed those and since been able to make things work again.

  <> green_at_FreeBSD.org                               \  The Power to Serve! \