Re: network slowness/freez-up since update 10/11

From: Ian FREISLICH <if_at_hetzner.co.za>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:59:34 +0200
Andrey Chernov wrote:
> > You mean, until rwatson changed the default to debug.mpsafenet=1? :-)
>
> Your guess is precisely right! :-)
>
> (IMHO making such commit without testing major drivers such as if_de was
> wrong step)

I always thought the spin on debug.mpsafenet=1 with if_de was YYMV.
There were many calls for the maintainers of the driver to fix it,
but zero response IIRC.  Maybe making it on by default was a little
hasty, but anyone that follows -CURRENT like they should if they
run it weuld have been aware of this and set debug.mpsafenet=0 in
their loader.conf when they saw that commit.

I have been particlarly impressed by the entire way netperf has
been handled especially the regular and verbose updates and
explanations.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich