Re: atapicam(4) as KLD?

From: Jose M Rodriguez <josemi_at_freebsd.jazztel.es>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:49:44 +0200
El Viernes, 15 de Octubre de 2004 16:36, Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko
escribió:
> On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 15:57, Søren Schmidt wrote:
> > Chuck Swiger wrote:
>
> Since I was one of the people responsible for using up space in
> Søren's mailbox in the past, I felt obliged to chime in -- my laptop
> (AVERATEC 3150H) was complaining about ad0 and would eventually hang
> if it had 'device atapicam'. I have disabled it and lived happily
> thereafter. To be fair, I do not know if it still is the case. If
> there is enough interest out there, I can plug it back in.
>
> However, I think this would be something to consider before making it
> part of GENERIC kernel.
>
> FWIW.
> ---
> Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko.

Well, and something between?

With module support going better and better, we'll try to distribute
some other kernel appart of GENERIC.

This is now done by NetBSD and think that re makefiles support more than
GENERIC and install kernels.

Have also a PC or a MOBILE kernel may be of interest.

--
  josemi