Re: atapicam(4) as KLD?

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:18:28 -0700
> From: "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <Alex.Kovalenko_at_verizon.net>
> Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:08:42 -0400
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 13:03, Thomas Quinot wrote:
> > * Alexandre Sunny Kovalenko, 2004-10-15 :
> >
> > > be fair, I do not know if it still is the case. If there is enough
> > > interest out there, I can plug it back in.
> >
> > If you can do that experiment and le tme know what happens, I'd
> > certainly be interested in fixing this issue.
> >
> > Thomas.
>
> I have added device atapicam back into my config, rebuilt the kernel and
> have been running for about an hour of light use with no visible ill
> effects. I will keep it in at least through couple of buildworlds and CD
> burns, but for now I would like to apologize for spreading FUD.

Not really FUD, but old data. There certainly were problems with
ATAPICAM for some time after the introduction of ATAng to RELENG_5. I
have not seen any problems with it on any of my V5 systems for at least
3 months and probably longer.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)