Re: usb power turned off by X.org

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:46:19 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Kent Hauser wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I start X.org, the power on my USB ports is turned off.

That makes no sense whatsoever. :)

> "usbdevs -v"  still reports "self-powered". I can't figure a way to turn
> it back on. Any thoughts?

Thats not the same thing.  The power source of a device is fixed. I don't
think you can view the active/inactive state of the port power.

Does unplugging & replugging the device resurrect it?

Do the video card and USB controller share an interrupt?

> Hardware is Thinkpad T41 running -CURRENT as of 10/12.

You might poke -mobile. T41s seem common, but also have lots of problems