Re: I deleted /stand/, but I need it again for diskless boot...

From: Jose M Rodriguez <josemi_at_freebsd.jazztel.es>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 03:45:19 +0200
El Martes, 19 de Octubre de 2004 03:24, Rob escribió:
> Ryan Sommers wrote:
> > Rob said:
> >>I'm willing to try just anything.
> >>The problem is that I'm not familiar with the cpio and pax
> >> commands.
> > [...]
> If successful, will you suggest/submit this as an official patch for
> 5.3; or will it be merely a personal patch for my diskless setup?
>
> If it's going into 5.3, then /stand should be removed altogether
> after the install process!
>
> Rob.

You can't go with this to 5.3.  This will go, if any, to HEAD.

But I don't really like in his actual form.

If You try to path /etc/rc.d/initdiskless, try not remove *.cpio.gz
expand using /stand, but add *.tar expand using /bin/pax.

You may also try some auto detection and use what is present
between /stand/cpio, /stand/gzip, /rescue/tar, /rescue/gzip ...

Don't try moving gzip/libgzip from /usr to rootfs. It's really a big
change.

--
  josemi