Re: make release: creating a trimmed down release?

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 08:18:03 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 12:55:32AM +0200, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> > I'd like to create a trimmed down release, but it looks like
> > make release -DNO_CXX ... is not the way to go. What's the official
> > way of doing this kind of stuff? Specifically, I've attempted the build
> > with
> >
> >   make release \
> Try adding these -DNO*'s to WORLD_FLAGS.  No guarantee it will all work,
> but chances are good that most of them will work.

the only one I am aware that does not work is NO_YP_LIBC and I am
working on that.

one may also check the archives; phk once posted a script and I posted
my make.conf where I had almost everything turned off. see
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-small/2003-December/000125.html
for that. May be a bit out of date but a good starting.