Re: make release: creating a trimmed down release?

From: Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser_at_chello.cz>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:24:07 +0200
# bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net / 2004-10-19 08:18:03 +0000:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 12:55:32AM +0200, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> > > I'd like to create a trimmed down release, but it looks like
> > > make release -DNO_CXX ... is not the way to go. What's the official
> > > way of doing this kind of stuff? Specifically, I've attempted the build
> > > with
> > >
> > >   make release \
> > Try adding these -DNO*'s to WORLD_FLAGS.  No guarantee it will all work,
> > but chances are good that most of them will work.
>
> the only one I am aware that does not work is NO_YP_LIBC and I am
> working on that.

    is __MAKE_CONF equivalent to WORLD_FLAGS? I tried this sequence:

    cd /usr/src
    make cleanworld
    make buildworld __MAKE_CONF=$HOME/make.conf
    cd release
    make release __MAKE_CONF=$HOME/make.conf

    but it bombed out at the same place. I tried a new build with
    NO_TOOLCHAIN commented out, and got a different but similar error:

    cc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': No such file or directory

    I see phk hacking around the release target, does that mean it's
    ill-suited for custom releases?