Re: atapicam(4) as KLD?

From: Søren Schmidt <sos_at_DeepCore.dk>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:06:07 +0200
Thomas Quinot wrote:
> * Søren Schmidt, 2004-10-19 :
>

>>Well, if we need to go the newbus way, we need to do it completely, ie
>>get the ATA devices etc tied in that way as well.
>
> I agree that this would be nice, but I do not see it as a prerequisite
> to modularizing atapicam.

But I do, just adding in the atapicam glue add even more kludges which I
dont want.

>>know there has been a couble of others looking into this, so now is the
>>time to chime in if thats the case.
>
> Where are we standing with this effort? Who is working on it currently,
> and what has been implemented already?

It was talked about on IRC long time ago in connection with making ATA
truely modular.
Anyhow I have done some of the work myself some time ago instead of
using func ptrs, but abandoned it due to it being more messy than
helpfull for that purpose. I'll try to locate that tree in the woods
here, maybe that could be turned into what we want.
So, as usual, I'm working on it :/

--

-Søren