Re: atapicam(4) as KLD?

From: Thomas Quinot <thomas_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:10:17 +0200
* Søren Schmidt, 2004-10-19 :

> But I do, just adding in the atapicam glue add even more kludges which I
> dont want.

We are not talking of atapicam-specific glue or jkudges here, on the
contrary I am suggesting using the generic functions from the NEWBUS
frameworks to make ata behave as a proper bus *in place* of the ad hoc
atapicam glue.

> It was talked about on IRC long time ago in connection with making ATA
> truely modular.

Hmmm, OK, so let's consider that as completely lost since we have no
traces of it.

> helpfull for that purpose. I'll try to locate that tree in the woods
> here, maybe that could be turned into what we want.
> So, as usual, I'm working on it :/

Great, thanks! Please let me know if I can be of some help.

Thomas.

--
    Thomas.Quinot_at_Cuivre.FR.EU.ORG