Support for detecting/modifying Host Protected Area of ATA disks?

From: <mkucenski_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 8:32:31 -0400
I am currently running 4.10 and haven't been able to find any support for detecting if a drive supports HPA and if it does, getting the max native address and setting the max native address to enable reading of the HPA area.

Am I missing it or is it not there in 4.10?  Is it there or is any work being done in 5.x that would support this?

BTW, the reason for this question is forensic analysis of drives using FreeBSD.  I need to be able to see the entire disk.

Thanks,
-Matt