Re: [Fwd: What do people think about not installing a stripped /kernel ?]

From: Alex de Kruijff <freebsd_at_akruijff.dds.nl>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:59:00 +0200

There are a couple downside.

1. Performance issues. (i.e. Longer startup time)
2. There's more kernel to go in to the memory.
3. The root partition need to be bigger.

FreeBSD 5.0 was slow when it came out of the box. So I think its a great idee for the prerelease but bad the releases them selfs.
--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.
WWW: http://www.kruijff.org/alex/FreeBSD/