Re: WIP: Makefile target to remove old base system files

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:05:29 +0200
Zitat von Freddie Cash <fcash_at_ocis.net>:

> On October 8, 2004 03:46 am,
> class_consulting.leidinger_at_daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> > I don't want to rehash old discussions on this topic. I'm working on
> > an implementation and if there's no interest in importing it into
> > src/ I will keep it for my own pleasure. But I need a list of base
> > system files for each release (or a list of removed files beween each
> > release). I remember from previous discussions on this topic that
> > there are file lists somewhere, but I haven't found the right
> > keywords for google.
>
> > Anybody out there with the right keywords, an URL, or some file
> > lists?
>
> Check the How-To forum on http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/ for a couple
> threads on this subject.  You'll find attached to one of these threads
> a script that builds the list of files affected by each of the NO_*
> variables in make.conf.  That should be useful for this project.

It would be useful for a different project. I'm not talking about optional
parts of the world. I'm talking about outdated parts of the world. Things
which _need_ to get removed.

I've already posted my actual version in a different thread last weekend.

Maybe I will spend time to do the NO_* pieces too, but I haven't decided
yet. Nevertless, thanks for the information.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net/     Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7