Re: Mild sound distortion with FreeBSD 5.3-BETA7

From: Travis Poppe <tlpbsd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:58:37 -0600
On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:15:18 -0600, Travis Poppe <tlp_at_liquidx.org> wrote:
> I've recently noticed a mild sound distortion in XMMS and other
> applications that output sound. I'm not sure when I started noticing
> this, but I don't believe it has always been present in the 5.x branch
> (and if it has, I haven't noticed it up until a month or two ago).

I've found a solution to my sound problem.

I recently switched to this third party driver for SB Live!/Audigy cards:

http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru/audigy/

As far as I can tell, the sound distortion problem is _completely_
gone. If any of you have this same problem and own an SB Live/Audigy,
try the driver I mentioned above.

Looks like FreeBSD's sound is somewhat broken on 5.X (as reported by a
number of people).

-Travis