AMD PCnet/PCI Fast Ethernet driver issues in 5.3RC1 / 5.3-STABLE

From: Daniel Engberg <diizzy_at_telia.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 00:06:26 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,
Currently I'm running 5.3-RC1 / 5.3-STABLE and it seems like this
version have issues with AMD PCnet/PCI Fast Ethernet NICs. The driver
(pcn) loads and detects the NIC properly without any errors but the
interface is unable to trasmit or receive any data. A workaround (not a
very nice one afaik), is to recompile the kernel and leave out the pcn
driver. By doing so FreeBSD will use the old lnc driver instead which
works. Any ideas what's causing this behaviour?
I'm using "FreeBSD BOX.BUNDLE 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #1: Thu Oct
21 17:55:29 CEST 2004".
I also filed a PR regarding this issue.
//Danne