Re: AMD PCnet/PCI Fast Ethernet driver issues in 5.3RC1 / 5.3-STABLE

From: Daniel Engberg <diizzy_at_telia.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:54:04 +0200 (CEST)
quoting "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter_at_jurai.net>:

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Daniel Engberg wrote:
> > Cheers, my pcn nic works now thanks to your patch. Can I expect that
> > it'll be merged into 5.3?
>
> Well...  Thats a good question.  I'm not entirely happy with the patch.
>
> > I also have another question, is this driver compatible with ALTQ?
> > According to Max Laier's personal site
> > (http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/ALTQ_driver/) it needs testing so I'm
> > wondering if the patch for pcn is appliable with yours.
>
> No idea.  Will you report any problems?
>
> --
> 10 40 80 C0 00 FF FF FF FF C0 00 00 00 00 10 AA AA 03 00 00 00 08 00

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this issue will be solved in
5.3-RELEASE without needing to patch but it's not a big thing though
even if it wont be. As for using altq + pcn I'm planning to do reports
as much as I can especially since I have a personal interest in it too.
Although as you probably can tell by now I'm not a skilled programmer so
I wont be able to contribute with any code.
//Danne