Cannot mount cdrw-dvd drive

From: Srot BULL <pwd8jmr22w_at_me.point.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:24:41 +0000
This is my FreeBSD system:
IBM R40e Thinkpad
FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #3: Tue Oct 26 17:16:41 UTC 2004

When I try to mount a cd on my cdrw-dvd drive these messages comes out:
acd0: TIMEOUT - READ_BIG retrying (2 retries left)
acd0: FAILURE - READ_BIG timed out
acd0: TIMEOUT - READ_BIG retrying (2 retries left)
acd0: FAILURE - READ_BIG timed out
acd0: TIMEOUT - READ_BIG retrying (2 retries left)
acd0: FAILURE - READ_BIG timed out
acd0: TIMEOUT - READ_BIG retrying (2 retries left)
acd0: FAILURE - READ_BIG timed out
acd0: TIMEOUT - READ_BIG retrying (2 retries left)
acd0: FAILURE - READ_BIG timed out
acd0: TIMEOUT - READ_BIG retrying (2 retries left)
acd0: FAILURE - READ_BIG timed out

Then it displays a message the says like I/O error

I have search the mailing list and found some related information about
this problem. I have tried including "device atapicam", "device scbus"
    "device ch", "device da", "device sa", "device cd", "device pass",
"device ses", and commenting "device atapicd" in my kernel.
I have included "hw.ata.atapi_dma=0" in my sysctl.conf but during boot-up I
saw that my system can not set this setting and doing the following:

R40e:~: sysctl hw.ata.atapi_dma
hw.ata.atapi_dma: 1

Althought as I have said above that I have included "hw.ata.atapi_dma=0" in
my sysctl.conf already.
When I use the device atapicam in my kernel..."/dev/acd0" disappears and
there is also no "/dev/cd0"...and my hardisk light keeps it's light on and
does not go off...

Is there any way that I could mount my cdrw-dvd as of this moment or I will
have to wait for the official release of 5.3?

I would really appreciate any advice or hints...
Thanks in advance...

Srot BULL