Re: Cannot mount cdrw-dvd drive

From: Srot BULL <pwd8jmr22w_at_me.point.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:17:07 +0000
Forgive me for replying to my own post.
Srot BULL wrote:
> I have included "hw.ata.atapi_dma=0" in my sysctl.conf but during
> boot-up I saw that my system can not set this setting and doing the
> following:
>
> R40e:~: sysctl hw.ata.atapi_dma
> hw.ata.atapi_dma: 1
>
> Althought as I have said above that I have included "hw.ata.atapi_dma=0"
> in my sysctl.conf already.
> When I use the device atapicam in my kernel..."/dev/acd0" disappears and
> there is also no "/dev/cd0"...and my hardisk light keeps it's light on
> and does not go off...

I saw a message during the boot-up process in my System that says something
about "hw.ata.atapi_dma" in my /etc/sysctl.conf is a readonly is a setting
and mentioned about setting it at /boot/loader.conf.
After setting "hw.ata.atapi_dma=0" in my /boot/loader.conf, I am able to
mount a CD in my drive.
I am planning to compile my kernel with "device atapicam" because burncd
does not support it...I need to use cdrecord...

Again, my apologies for replying to my own post..

Srot BULL