Re: broken APM on IBM-T30 with 6.0-CURRENT

From: Gleb Smirnoff <glebius_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:34:34 +0400
On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 08:29:17PM +0200, Anders Odberg wrote:
A> |  |   I recently CVSup'd and noticed I can no longer APM suspend properly.
A> |  |   The system just freezes while going into suspend.  I don't know if
A> |  |   I'm getting a panic or not.  There's no trace or anything.  Anyone
A> |  |   got any ideas?  The problem occurs in multiuser and singleuser mode
A> |  |   and regardless of whether I'm in X or not.  I'm not evern sure where
A> |  |   to begin looking.
A> |
A> |   can you try out attached hack?
A>
A> I can confirm that the patch you attached solved my long-standing problems
A> with APM suspend/resume on a Thinkpad T40 and A21e when applied to todays
A> RELENG_5 cvsup. All versions of RELENG_5 I've tried since the end of August
A> have caused my Thinkpads to freeze either when suspending or when resuming.

This hack was a dirty one. A better solution provided by Matthew Dodd
is attached. However, it may not apply cleanly, since some things
have already changed in source (at least in HEAD).

For more information contact Matthew, who have investigated this problem
and Soren, who is our ATA maintainer. I've Cc'ed both of them.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE