Re: EHCI considered harmful?

From: Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy_at_siliconlandmark.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 06:26:46 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Thomas E. Zander wrote:

> On Fri, 29. Oct 2004, at  1:08 -0700, Bruce M Simpson wrote
> according to [Re: EHCI considered harmful?]:
>
>> ehci(4) is not stable code and fails reproducibly with my ALi-based
>> USB2 disk enclosure.
>
> Well, okay then. I was just wondering because it doesn't appear on
> Scott's todo-list for 5.3-R and it seems to accidently work on my
> box :-)

This is my understanding of the current state of our USB ehci support:
ehci only works with certain chipsets. On the ones that it does work with,
you do not want to have a USB2 hub connected (With ehci in your config) as
it will not be supported. Removing ehci from your kernel lets you use a
USB2 hub in 1.1 mode.

Andy