Re: EHCI considered harmful?

From: Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:11:22 +0200
On Friday, 29. October 2004 10:08, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 09:59:30AM +0200, Thomas E. Zander wrote:
> > I'm just wondering why ehci doesn't make it into GENERIC for RELENG_5.
> > Are there unresolved show stoppers related to it?
>
> ehci(4) is not stable code and fails reproducibly with my ALi-based
> USB2 disk enclosure.

Well, if we would take stability and general usefulness (even more so in
comparison to other USB implementations in mind) as the reference point, we
would need to disable most of USB. I think enabling ehci in GENERIC would be
a good idea, especially since there's no loadable module...

--
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi_at_freebsd.org