Re[2]: disabling interrupt storm protection

From: Shunsuke SHINOMIYA <shino_at_fornext.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:37:37 +0900
 Thank you John,

 I wrote a patch(which is attached to this mail) so that the problem
 doesn't occur in my environment.

 This patch changes the meaning of `storm'.
 But, I think use of the parameter(hw_intr_threshold) to control the
detector in this method is clearer than the present method, and it
needs no DELAY(1).

 In the detector to which this patch is applied and compiled with
 -DHACK2 flag, `storm' is the situation that the number of generated
 interrupts per unit time(1/hz) is larger than threshold.

 If kern_intr.c is compiled with -DHACK2 -DHACK3 flags, it works as
 interrupt rate limiter.

 What do you think about this method?

--
Shunsuke SHINOMIYA <shino_at_fornext.org>