Remote gdb broken in -CURRENT?

From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 11:55:31 +0200
Is anybody currently using remote gdb kernel debugging in -CURRENT?  I
tried yesterday (embarrassingly, during my kernel debug tutorial), and
it looks as if things are broken.

Specifically, I was doing it in conjunction with firewire.  The kernel
was built with 'options GDB', and it showed that the corresponding gdb
functions were included, but the sysctl debug.kdb.available shows only
ddb.  I did a bit of looking around for what might have caused it, but
wasn't successful.

Any ideas?

Greg