Re: EHCI considered harmful?

From: Sean McNeil <sean_at_mcneil.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 11:14:44 -0700
On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 02:07, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> Sean McNeil writes:
> > What I am wondering about is why I get ehci in my kernel when I do not
> > ask for it:
<snip>
> The real way to check is by grep'ing /var/run/dmesg.boot which will
> contain scads of messages about EHCI if it's in the kernel.

OK, thanks.  Looks like it isn't really in the kernel.  I made a build
with adding "device ehci" and I think "pci/ehci" is the actual device,
not "ehci/usb".  Sorry for the noise.

FWIW, using ehci doesn't cause me any additional issues with USB.  My
umass pen drive behaves the same with/without ehci except it is faster.
This makes me think that my previous issues are with the msdos
filesystem, not the usb driver.

Cheers,
Sean