Re: 5.3 RC1 CD boot?

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:24:55 +0100
Christoph Kukulies <kuku_at_www.kukulies.org> writes:
> I was used to burn a disc1 with 5.x releases. Today I spent a couple
> of hours to no avail to get a disc1 booted. I burnt 2 times on
> different computers, finally I thought that perhaps the dis1 is no
> longer bootable and downloaded and burnt the 5.3-RC1-bootonly.iso
> image.  Also boot failure. I cannot boot FreeBSD disc images any
> longer.

If you want it fixed, you'll have to tell us what's broken.  At the
very least, tell us what error message the BIOS prints when it tries
to boot from the CD.

FWIW, I have booted a lot of i386 machines (most of them Dells) from
CD lately, and have not had any trouble.

> (Computer is a Dell Inspiron 8000).
>
> What's happened?

lemme guess, you forgot to hit F12 and tell the BIOS to boot from the
CD-ROM instead of the hard disk?

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no