5.3 Beta2 bridging (update 2)

From: Dave McCammon <davemac11_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:41:00 -0700 (PDT)
Got the bridging to work after cvsup yesterday(I think
it was the rebuild but not for sure).

em0 - has ip
em1 -  no ip

Anyway, with both cables plugged in, traffic passes
through the box. Weird thing is, the box can't get to
(ssh, ping) other machines on the em1 side but can get
to machines on the em0 side.
Machines on the em1 side can get to machines on the
em0 side. Machines on the em0 side can get to machines
on the em1 side and can get to the bridging box.

Ok, I just went and plugged the cables back in(removed
them last night) and traffic didn't get through. I'm
now wondering if it isn't something to do with the em
driver.
This is completely confusing.
I built a different kernel to test bridging without
ipfw. Bridging kernels with and without ipfw worked
last night. Now nothing.

Ok, after some more fiddling around, what needs to
happen is that em1 can't be plugged in until the
machine has come up(with em0 plugged in).
After that, traffic passes as stated above. Which
doesn't bode well if machine gets rebooted.