Panic in propagate_priority() [5.3-BETA2]

From: Patrick Guelat <pg_at_imp.ch>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:59:25 +0000 (UTC)
Since nobody answered to the problem yet that I reported a  few days
ago I did some more tests and got several panics since then...

I'm trying to run OSPF6 on a gif-tunnel between a Cisco-7206VXR
and a box running 5.3-BETA2 and get a panic everytime I start
ospf6d (from /usr/ports/net/quagga).

It always ends in a panic in propagate_priority(), sometimes
I get the following panic-message:

     panic: process 37 (swi1: net):1 holds rip but isn't blocked on a lock

"rip" is the lock defined in netinet/raw_ip.c which is also used by
the netinet6/raw_ip6.c.

Tracing the userland-part nearly always ends at the sendmsg(2)
call on the raw socket, but sometimes the panic also occurs
some time before ospf6d sends it's first hello message (maybe during
the reception of the ipv6 ospf packet from the cisco ?)

Regards

Patrick
--
Patrick Guélat, ImproWare AG Network Services, CH-4133 Pratteln
Mail: Patrick.Guelat_at_imp.ch - Phone: +41 61 826 93 00 (ext: 13)