Re: Panic in propagate_priority() [5.3-BETA2]

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 23:30:18 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Patrick Guelat wrote:

> Since nobody answered to the problem yet that I reported a  few days
> ago I did some more tests and got several panics since then...
>
> I'm trying to run OSPF6 on a gif-tunnel between a Cisco-7206VXR and a
> box running 5.3-BETA2 and get a panic everytime I start ospf6d (from
> /usr/ports/net/quagga).
>
> It always ends in a panic in propagate_priority(), sometimes I get the
> following panic-message:
>
>      panic: process 37 (swi1: net):1 holds rip but isn't blocked on a
> lock
>
> "rip" is the lock defined in netinet/raw_ip.c which is also used by the
> netinet6/raw_ip6.c.

A couple of questions:

- Is this an SMP box?
- Is PREEMPTION enabled on the box?
- Are you using net.isr.enable=1 or debug.mpsafenet=1?

Is WITNESS compiled into your kernel, and if so, when you drop to DDB from
panic(), what does "show pcpu", "show locks", and "show locks 37"
indicate?

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research